Sunday, October 7, 2007

Stories that must not be forgot.


Dad here, with stories that demonsttrate how amazing these pups really are. Every once in a while, when I have a flashback, I'll jump in with a story that's too good to be lost in the mists of my memory. They're fading too fast as it is. Princess and Tank were littermates. For the first year of their lives they had incredible communication. Tank was amazingly skilled at communication. Princess was really in touch with the feelings of her fellow creatures. These are their stories.

P&T were about 6 months old. I was working with them on pooping on command. I thought they had it and we were going on a long journey. Princess couldn't hold it for near as long as the boys, so I asked her to go poo. She looked at me and I asked her again. She froze. I could tell she knew I wanted her to do something, but she didn't know what. She was such a daddy's girl this stressed her out totally. So I'm standing there, wondering how I can remind her when Tank comes trotting up, slides his nose next to hers and stares deeply into her eyes. You could tell it was as if he affectionately took her face in his hands. They looked at each other for almost a minute and you could see Princess relax. Tank then turned trotted away and with his back to her squatted and pooped. Princess then turned, trotted away, and pooped. Not only did she get tons of praise, but so did Tank. What a great older brother he is!

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What a cute story! I wish you had a picture of that! Thanks for sharing!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Headgirl said...

Hi there,

I've really enjoyed back reading all about you. You're an amazing trio.

Many thanks for visiting me & leaving a photo of your handsome selves too.

Pats & pets to all
Blue

Ferndoggle said...

That kind of stuff never ceases to amaze me. Penny & Lola aren't littermates but are so connected it's scary sometimes. But in a cool way.

Ferndoggle

wally said...

Synchronized pooping! Did they add that for the Beijing Olympics!

wally.